Wayne Community School District Special Election
September 13, 2022
A Special Election is any election that is not regularly scheduled. A special election may be held for any purpose authorized or required by law; often to fill a vacancy or for a public measure.
All Precincts Counted
Archived Election Details
Polling location for all eligible electors:
Wayne County Courthouse Basement Conference Room
7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- First day absentee ballots may be mailed or voted in the auditor’s office for domestic voters.
- First day to be able to publish notice of election.
Monday, August 29, 2022
- Voter Pre-Registration Deadline
- 5 p.m. Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed.
Monday, September 12, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline to vote absentee In-Person at the Wayne County Auditor’s office
- Pre-registered voters are required to provide an approved form of identification at the polling location before receiving and casting a regular ballot.
- Voters who are not pre-registered – such as voters registering to vote on election day – or voters changing precincts must also provide proof of residency.
- A voter who is unable to provide an approved form of identification or proof of residence if required, may have one of the following:
- Voter’s identity/residence attested to by another registered voter in the precinct,
Election Day Registrant attesters must provide an approved form of identification.
- Proof of identity and residency using Election Day Registration documents,
- Cast a provisional ballot and provide proof of identity/residency at the County Auditor’s office by noon on Monday, September 19, 2022.
For additional information about providing proof of identity and/or residency visit or call:
Iowa Secretary of State
Any voter who is physically unable to enter a polling location has the right to vote in the voter’s vehicle.
For further information, please contact the County Auditor’s Office by calling 641-872-2242, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or for TTY access, dial 777+ 1-641-872-2242
Sample Ballots (PDF)